Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Complicated

I have been dealing with a situation for the past almost 24 hours now.

I don't want to go into the specifics because I don't want to hurt anyone, but I can tell you it involves one of my children :}

Where do you draw the line as a parent? You want to protect your children, and yet at the same time you want them to learn and grow and be confident in themselves to be able to handle their own situations. This is how I have been trying to raise my children.

Sometimes life hurts. Sometimes it's hard to let go of those things you wish you could do, for those things that you know you should do.

I've been thinking a lot the past day about turning the other cheek, and giving people the benefit of the doubt....as well as the flip side of that coin which is standing up for what I feel is right, and not allowing people to step on me or my children.

I remember thinking in my youth that it would be so wonderful to be grown and not have to deal with the petty situations and dealings of the growing pains of being young. And now that I am grown I find life is really no different; in fact it's even more complicated when it involves your children.

I just pray that this situation is able to be resolved with the least amount of damage to the children involved. I know it has been said before, but children really are our future, and it is my hope that I will be able to make a difference in the lives of my 4 children and that they will in turn be able to make a difference in the lives of others.

I really want my ripple in the pond of life to have a good result.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment