Monday, February 7, 2011

Saturday Morning Shower

I have heard people say that being a stay at home mom is like having 2 full time jobs. This is a lie. At least when you have 2 full time jobs you have some time to yourself.

I think being a stay at home mom is like being a short order cook at a 24 hour circus.

Saturday morning I decided to take a shower. Now, mind you, with my busy schedule I don't get a shower each and every day, so a shower to me is a BIG DEAL. An even bigger deal is to be able to take a shower when Kerry is home so that I can be uninterrupted. Well, I seized my opportunity while Kerry was home, and there wasn't really anything going on...he could handle the kids, and I could have 15, maybe even 20 minutes to myself under the hot water.

While I am in the shower, I hear from a distance, 'Mom.....?', getting closer, 'mom....?mooooom?' I try to ignore it, thinking that if I don't answer, maybe it will just go away. No such luck. Into the bathroom comes Dylan. 'Mom?".

"Go away, I'm not here." Is my reply. It does no good. As Dylan tries to peer in to the shower, to see if I'm there, determined to find me, I cut him off and ask what he wants.

He replies that he needs a dime. Really? Does it look like I could possibly have a dime while I am taking a shower? As if I stash my wallet between the shampoo and conditioner?

What a crazy kid.

So even on those rare occasions when I think I can get a moment to myself.....I can't.

I guess that's what comes with being on the job 24-7.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment