Monday, May 31, 2010

Freedom Isn't Free

Every single day I am so thankful to live in this wonderful country. I know that it is far from perfect.....there is no such place on earth....(except perhaps a tropical island somewhere in the South Pacific with no phone service). I am so blessed. I am so fortunate to be able to live in a place that allows me to basically do whatever I want, whenever I want. I don't have to answer to a dictatorship government, and I don't have to live in fear that my political, religious, or ideological thoughts and convictions could lead to my death.
I am so thankful to all the the thousands and thousands of men and women who have and who currently sacrifice their time and energy, and even at times their own lives to support and protect the freedoms and way of life that I enjoy, and that so many in this country take for granted each and every day.

My Grandfather on my mother's side served in the Army in WWll, my own father served in the Air Force and flew planes during the Vietnam Era, and I currently have friends and family members who are enlisted in the service and have served multiple tours in Iraq; have been in very precarious situations, and have made it out safely. I thank God every day that their lives were spared, when so many others were not. I am thankful to all the families of those who have served as well. I can't even imagine what it would be like to first of all be separated from a father, or mother, son or daughter for an extended period of time, and then have on top of that, the fact that there is always that chance that they might not come home.

Even if you don't agree with certain political agendas, or war.....please know that you live your life in this country at a cost. There is a price for everything in this world. Freedom is not free. Throughout history there have been those who have risked it all that we may be where we are today.

Please take a small moment out of your day to give thanks that you are fortunate to live where you do and how you do, and remember that there have been so many before us, and currently now, that protect that.
Have a beautiful day!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment