Monday, July 12, 2010

Back From The Beach

It's Monday Morning.....well it's a few minutes before noon, so technically we'll say it's still morning!!!
I'm not yet out of my pajamas, but I have managed to vacuum the house and get a jump on the laundry situation.

After having hot weather in the mid 90's last week, it was quite a relief to wake up to cooler weather and even a little rain! Sure makes housework more tolerable. It's going to be an inside day today! Kind of a good thing, since the kiddos ran themselves ragged at the beach house this past weekend!

I love the beach! There is no better place in the world. I can't quite pinpoint what it is exactly that is so soothing and calming. It's as if the waves wash away every care from the rest of my busy hectic life, and all I am left with is my thoughts of how incredible this world is, that we live in, and how much I really am at peace with life.

Not to say that things aren't crazy, but like I said there is something that comes over me, like the ocean has cast a magic spell on me.

Now, for those of you who are not familiar with the northern Oregon Coast, the weather can be really finicky. Sometimes in the summer you get these kind of low cloud, yet bright, days. I haven't experienced this type of weather anywhere else in the world. These are the kind of days that I associate with the Coast....I love them. I know, I'm crazy for not wanting super sunny hot days.....I do love those as well, but to me, the overcast days just feel like home to me.

I can just sit in the warm sand and relax. Not too hot or cold. Watch my children really enjoy life. That's what it's all about.

I am so grateful and blessed to be able to be so close (4 hours) from the beach and all it has to offer my soul. It's like I've been reloaded and I am so ready to take on the rest of the summer!

Have a beautiful day!

3 comments:

  1. My kids only know NW beaches. Someday they will go to Mexico and marvel at the warm beaches where you can swim without freezing. I miss the beach this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just watched the movie "Extraordinary Measures" It was set in Portland but there was a vacation scene, which showed Manzanita, OR beach and another scene filmed on the 101 as it comes around the point overlooking Manzanita.

    ReplyDelete