Sunday, July 4, 2010

FOURTH OF JULY

Blessed is the Nation whose God is the LORD - Psalms 33:12


As I sit and reflect on this day, there are so many thoughts and emotions that run through me.

One of my favorite paintings in the one of George Washington kneeling in prayer beside his horse at the side of the river. I think of how important the Lord was to these founding fathers, and how they looked to HIM for strength and guidance.


I am so grateful and so blessed to live in this great country. I am so grateful for the founding fathers of our country who had the courage, bravery and guidance from God to establish a nation that has been able to withstand all that has been brought against it, and still flourish.


I am eternally grateful to these men who lived long before I, who had the insight and the direction to set up a country with it's Constitution that allows myself and all others who live here the greatest blessing which is available to man: the freedom of choice. I think that we so often take this for granted. Have you ever realized that you have freedoms that so many throughout the world cannot even comprehend?


I am thankful to those who are still willing to stand up for this country, and defend it and it's constitution. From everyday citizens who stand up for what they believe in, even if it is not the popular thing to do. For all those men and women and their families who have sacrificed so much, and even their own lives to preserve our way of life, by serving in all the factions of our military.


This country is not perfect. Nothing is. But I will stand by her an defend her to anyone who would disgrace her. There is nowhere on earth I would rather be.


God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment