Saturday, August 21, 2010

10 Days From Now...

My kids will go back to school. I don't think I'm ready for that. I have real mixed emotions about it. I love having summer with them. I love being able to sleep in, have late breakfast, and then just decide what we want to do that day, whether its going out on an adventure to somewhere we haven't been before, or just hanging around the house having some good old summertime fun at home.
It's been fun having Kellan around this summer as well. He is the best baby in the world, and so it's been fairly easy to do things and go places. Next year he'll be over a year old, and will be on the run; moving around and trying to go everywhere he's not supposed to.
My children are one of the biggest blessings in my life, and it has been so wonderful to spend a lot of time with them this summer. I already feel like they are growing up too fast, and that my time with them is so limited. Dylan just turned 7 last week, Cody will be 9 this fall, and I can't believe it. When I hold Kellan, it seems like just yesterday, it was Cody I was holding in my arms.
I hope this school year is a good one for the boys. I hope that Sam flourishes in Kindergarten, and that he doesn't oppose authority as much as he does here at home.
So, I'm going to try to soak in these last few days of summer with my boys, and hope that the schedule of school, sports and other activities do not bombard us too much, and that we can still be able to find those few precious moments to create more memories that will last us throughout our lifetimes.
Have a beautiful day!
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. My kids go on Wednesday. My baby is starting kindergarten. :( She is ready and will do great. But I will miss having her around.

    My oldest is entering 6th grade and it makes me sad. Time went too fast.

    Do you remember my nephew Codi? He was a baby when I first moved up there. He is going to college this week. Time moves too fast.

    I keep trying to hold on to the moments with my kids.

    Have a great last hurrah of summer.

    ReplyDelete