Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Back and Forth


I constantly go back an forth on this issue.

Having 4 boys, I know that things in my home will get broken. My life's motto should be, "I can't have nice things."

But I want to.

Do I get upset when the boys are throwing pillows and blankets and break something of mine? Or do I just let it go as something that is inevitable?

I'm beyond yelling anymore.

It's just so hard to feel like there is no safe place in my house from the boys.

I know they are just things, and that I can't take them with me.

That how I treat the kids and help them to learn from their mistakes is the most important.

But I would also like to have things in my house, making it a beautiful place to be, that aren't held together with superglue.


Have a beautiful day!
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Ok so I had this long comment typed out and I hit some key and it deleted. Argh! Anyways I realized after a week stay with my mom why I don't have nice things or heck things in general. I was more exhausted after my week "vacation" than when I am at home because I spent the week chasing after my kids making sure they didn't break anything. We don't have end tables, coffee tables, lamps, or really anything. We have pictures on the walls and that is about it. I always start off worrying they will ruin my craft stuff and then I realize it is just stuff and I begin to relax a bit. In my opinion though, with 4 boys it is inevitable things will get broken. I have come to that realization with my 3 lil ones. Heck even with my 13 yrs old, she breaks stuff all the time too. LOL!

    ReplyDelete