Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Good, The Not So Good, and the Down Right UGLY!


Today has been a mish mash of a bunch of things, including emotions.

By 10AM I had two loads of laundry done, the dishwasher emptied, loaded again, and running, the main bathroom clean (thanks mom for your help), and was well on my way to having a batch of strawberry freezer jam finished.

By 5PM I had one child crying in his room in "time out" until further notice, another frightened to death of being kidnapped if he didn't come to the car immediately when it was time to leave the playground after playing there after school, one more upset about a possession that another brother had destroyed, and purple crayon colored all over the back of the inside of my car!

Good times!

I did however, manage to get out of the house today....which was good. We dropped my mom off at the Yacht Club to have lunch with my step father, and his sister, and on our way back home, Sam and I stopped at University Village and found a super great gift for Kerry for fathers day! Won't he be surprised!!! (I don't think he reads this blog, but I guess we'll find that out now!)

For those of you who know us, you know that we are not big into what I call "Hallmark" holidays. We usually don't do gifts and the like, but when Sam and I found this shirt, we knew dad had to have it, and lucky for us, fathers day is just around the corner, so it wasn't like we were spending money for no reason. (I suppose I'll get to my issues about spending money some other time.)

As of now, the storm has passed....all the boys in my life are happily upstairs watchin' Major League Soccer, and for the most part seem to be content. It's amazing how resilient children are. Or should I say forgetful. I tried to cover all the issues of the day at the dinner table tonight, just to hopefully keep the "hot topics" of our day today fresh in their minds. But we will most likely wake up tomorrow and deal with the same things. Or similar things. Or things we've been over some other day like 1,000 times It's baby steps, right?

All in a day's adventure!

Have a beautiful day!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment